The American Shutter Systems Association is a non-profit organization founded in South Florida in May of 1995.
The purpose of the ASSA is to:
- Test and approve hurricane shutter products for its members
- Conduct research and development of new and innovative products
- Ensure all products represented meet or exceed the latest building codes
- Provide the best protection at affordable prices
- Ensure all members are licensed and insured
- Ensure all manufacturing members have a facility capable of making hurricane shutter products
- Educate the public of the various types of protection
- Work with building officials and government agencies
- Maintain the highest standards for public health, safety and welfare
- Act as a liaison for members to all evaluation services such as Miami-Dade County, IBC, IRC, TDI and FBC
The ASSA has developed strong relationships with many people and agencies since its inception. Our products are listed with Miami-Dade County, the Texas Department of Insurance, and the Florida Building Commission. We will continue to provide the best hurricane protection available to our industry.